Sales Forecasting to reduce costs and improve Customer Service
Using sales forecasting could reduce your stock holding by over 30%
Having the right stock dramatically reduces costs – double picking just 20 orders a week costs at least £25K per year
With HILLINGAR’s specialist forecasting and demand planning service, you and your team will benefit from a comprehensive on-going view of future sales predictions.
- Reducing costs by having the right stock at the right time. The cost, time and administration for double picking an order can be at least £25. Not being able to ship full orders just 20 times a week would cost £25k per year. This ‘hidden cost’ excludes any emergency purchase costs to get the missing products in stock, materials and extra delivery. How much could you save?
- Reducing stocks which will free-up valuable space and cash. For a company that is not using sales forecasting, we can help you reduce stock by 30% or more. For those using some forecasting, we would expect our expertise to typically save you 10%. So for every £1m of stock you hold, you could reduce this by £100k.
- Improved customer service; product availability is core to being able to exceed customer expectations and reduce internal stress.
- Predicting trends for products in decline or growth, so that you can react accordingly. You will avoid wasted spend and satisfy more orders.
- Making strategic decisions by analysing promotional performance versus standard sales figures.
- Planning ahead based on a detailed future view rather than just the past.
- Avoiding buying a software system and the issues of implementing it. HILLINGAR’s supportive and highly experienced team will provide you with all the benefits of a top of the range forecasting team without the risk and expense of doing it yourself.
"With no capital cost, resource disruption or system change, the fully implemented process has allowed VW Heritage to reduce stock levels, improve stock availability and customer service levels. This process has not only improved the accuracy of ordering it has also freed
up more time for the small purchasing team to focus on new product launches, working with the suppliers to improve performance and the search for new products”.– VW Heritage
Our quick win micro projects start from as little as £1k.